Church Life Today 5/20/18
- Exceptional Business Meeting (12:15pm, MAC) to vote on the calling of Gary Chan to be our Minister of Mandarin Ministry.
Only Corporate Members (Active member and 18 yr. old & up) may vote.
- Churchwide Retreat (7/20-22, University of San Diego) Register today.
Today is the last day for Early Bird: Adult-$150, 11-17yr-$130; 4-10yr-$110; 3yr & under- Free.
Regular Registration: Adult-$200, 11-17yr-$180; 3-10yr-$160; 3yr & under- Free
Online Registration: http://ToSignup.com/FCBCw
- Rise Up and Build: Our Building Pledge goal is $1,000,000. Pray and give for the expansion of His House. Boxes will be placed outside MAC, PC and in courtyard to collect pledge cards, or bring to the office. One card for one giving unit. Please specify on check memo line that offering is for Building Fund.
- STM Fund: We will have 7 short-term mission teams serving the Lord this year. Support them in prayers and in financial gifts. STM fundraising goal this year is $26,000. Write checks to "FCBC-Walnut", in memo: "STM Fund". Or go to: fcbcwalnut.org/RESOURCES/Give/Short Term Missions.
Weekly & Monthly Events
- Church Prayer Meeting on Wednesdays (7:45pm, PC). No childcare.
- The Lord’s Supper will be observed next Sun., 5/27.
- Youth Minister Candidate: Kevin Quan. Pray for discernment and guiding of the Holy Spirit in this candidacy.
- Short-term (7 Sundays in June & July) Helpers Needed for Nursery to 5th
To substitute for teachers who are on mission or traveling. Contac Children's Minister.
- Kenya STM (10/15-30): Signup deadline - 5/31.
- Attention 2018 Graduates: We would like to recognize all our graduates (high school and up, regular attendees) in June. Please give their names to the office by 6/10.
- FCBC Hollywood Bowl Night (Tues., 7/3): Join us for great fellowship, food, music, fireworks and headline performer The Go-Gos. (Adults $27, children 12 and under, $13.50; discounted park and ride ticket $7). Today is the last day to purchase tickets.
- Be a good neighbor! Do not park in front of neighbors’ house or block their driveways!
If possible, park at Ybarra School parking lot.
- Reminder from A/V: Please do not touch A/V equipment in MAC, PC, and classrooms. Please help keep children off the stage as there are expensive equipment and safety hazards.
- E-Offering: The e-check portion of the e-offering portal is now operational. Go to church website, click “RESOURCES” tab, click “GIVE” tab. Follow the instructions to set up your account and give via e-check. If you wish to set up recurring payments, go to your donor profile by logging in. Then click on the icon in the upper right corner to access your profile.
- Altar Flower Dedications: Sign up at Hospitality Table. Fill in date, occasion, and phone #. Write a check of $50 payable to “FCBC Walnut” and place it in the offering plate during worship. Write the date of the flower offering on the memo line.
- Church Prayer Guide: To receive weekly prayer guide or to submit your prayer requests, contact office. Submit your request before Wednesday.